Wednesday 19 January 2011

Hello :)

Hi, I'm Becky and this is my Media Studies AS blog.
I've recently become interested in photography, and have been taking some test shots with various SLR cameras. I took some of a few friends as practise for the coursework in print. All of my photos will be uploaded to My Flickr Account, and I'll post the most relevant ones here:



I thought these were relevant because after I took them I could imagine them as magazine covers. With this type of shot I think spaces for text can be indentified to fit in with the background. For example for these two shots, this is how I would arrange them:

  • For the first one I would put a logo in the top left hand corner, with text headings down the left hand side and a barcode in the bottom right hand corner.
  • For the second one I would put the logo would be at the bottom left, with the headings along the left of the page.
I liked the way they had space for text nearing one edge, so I took a few more to experiment:



I thought these two worked in a similar way, however the next one I took I wasn't so happy with. I prefer mid shots, and close ups for magazine covers, and I felt this one was too close, and wouldn't have as much room for text, were I to use it:





 


I could see that it might be okay if the logo was at the top left, with the headings going down the right hand side to the bottom right corner. As I am doing a music magazine for my coursework, I don't think I'll be using this kind of shot, because most music magazines I've seen have mid shot photos, generally with the subject posing to the camera as a promotional photo, or a live shot from a gig.










I'm going to do some research into music magazines, and different music genres, before I decide which to do, and how to design it.



No comments:

Post a Comment