Monday 11 April 2011

GIMP

I've been experimenting with GIMP to add text layers so it appears behind the main image. So far I've just been trying the features out using old photos I've taken. Tomorrow is the photoshoot with Trxiy, so after then I can put together some real pages. But here are some of the the random trials of GIMP I've been doing:




I used a font I'd downloaded to go over mine and Sarah's eyes, then put the word "SISTERS" over the top and erased the parts from the new text layer I'd added to get this effect. It's okay and kind of cool, but more importantly, it makes some of my ideas for my magazine possible.









This one I took ages ago, when Sarah lent me her camera. I tried a new font (mimicing Family Guy for humour) and slanted the text and moved it about a bit just to see what GIMP could do.






This one was to try a new font and see how it would work in a photo I actually took care over.

1 comment:

  1. Like your experiments with Gimp - I have the program but have not used it much. I once had Photoshop - was easier. I hope to make some time to experiment with Gimp soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete