Wednesday 23 March 2011

My Target Audience (SAGEL)

I am going to use SAGEL to work out my target audience to a greater precision that simply stating "teenagers" etc.

Social Class
Age
Gender
Ethnicity
Lifestyle

I am not intending on choosing a select age range for my audience. I think the most likely readers will be between 15 and 25; however I want to include content and style that appeals to all ages.

I want to create a magazine that covers things the whole rock community will want to read. I feel that there is too much stereotyping going on in the world of music magazines. "Kerrang!" is known as the younger magazine, "NME" as the middle one; and "Q" as the older choice. I want mine to appeal to everyone who loves rock and indie music. I feel it should be about the music, not the scene it should fit in to.

In terms of using SAGEL, my intended audience is not particularly helpful. I just want it to be liked by all rock fans, and accessible to anyone who would want to read it; so I would prefer to keep the price at a reasonable level, released weekly to keep the audience entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment