Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation Pt 3: Media Institutions

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product?

From my earlier magazine research, I'd hope that an institution like Bauer Media would consider distributing my magazine, as they already distribute "Kerrang!", "Q" and "Mojo" so it would be of similar interest (i hope!). The magazines they produce are all very high quality and would be the ultimate in professional (in my opinion).





 



However, if they didn't want to take on another similarly styled magazine, I would then hope for IPC Media who currently distribute "NME" IPC are clearly also a really good distributer as they have "NME", however it is not made as well as Bauer's are; without glossy paper and different sizes.




If neither wanted to distribute my magazine, I'd have to find a smaller institution, or sell it independently perhaps online or in a contract with a music shop like HMV etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment