Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation Pt 7: Progression

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

This are examples of my progression throughout this project from my prelim task to the final task (plus the little ones I made too):










I am suprised to see how much my work has changed. Whilst I've been making these, I didn't really notice as I learnt new things and begun to incorportate them into my work. Looking back now, I can see lots of things I would never have thought to do when I started this project.









I have learnt so much from this project that have helped me to create these products. I have learnt to use typical conventions, as I have learnt to subvert conventions when I feel necessary. Learning all the technical terms have definately helped, as I've been able to feature spot, and then go on to use them to my advantage in terms of attracting my target audience. Here is my Terminology Quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Bexfactor31/MediaMagazineTerminology
I made this so I could properly learn the terms, without the dull habit of just reading and writing them.

As well as learning all the technical aspects of media; I feel the research has been invaluable. Without researching existing magazines I probably wouldn't have been able to develop my ideas as thoroughly. For instance, there is a fine balance between a good contents page and an overcrowded contents page. This is something I have learnt from practice; I began with too little on the contents, then ended up with a reasonably accurate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment