Thursday 5 May 2011

MCR Special Evaluation (Concise)

I've decided to do another very brief evaluation of my MCR Special.

I used very little conventions when designing this OFC (for the whole construction, see earlier posts beginning with http://beckytyeas.blogspot.com/2011/02/main-task-ofc-problems.html)

It is very unusual to have an OFC so centered, with more than one main image; where the logo isn't even that visisble. However it does still fit in with the house style as the record-type symbol is present in the bottom left corner.

I have continued with the contents in an unconventional style, however I am not entirely happy with it; I like the design, but I doubt it would do well in real publishing. The OFC is more conventional, using columns and images.

Overall my target audience for this edition consists of predominantly MCR fans. It is hopefully aesthetically appealing to other cosumers, who may see the brand name and then buy in the future. I have used the MCR Danger Days Spider to grab the attention of passing fans, who will immediately know what it is and hopefully make a beeline for my magazine.

I used lots of computer programs to create this, the main one being FotoFlexer - without this I wouldn't have got the spider cut out so clearly.

I hope this would be distributed by IPC Media, as "NME" and "Uncut" tend to merge together to create specials (Muse special!) which is exactly the type of thing I've created here. If not, then Bauer Media would also be great.

1 comment: