Wednesday 23 February 2011

Main Task OFC Problems continued.

I had an idea to fix the spider problem. I needed to find a bigger version of the image, with more pixels, so it would be easier for the "Smart Scissors" tool to pick up. I found one about 4 times as big, and tried it with that. It kept having problems doing it, but after a few tries I managed to get this:


It was still a bit off, as part of the left front leg was missing but in the end the cut-out worked. I had to save it as a transparency-preserving file, which none of the programs on my computer (or even on the program searcher) could open.






So instead of importing it into Picasa and using it from there, I had to carry on using this program to make my OFC. The app is good, but rather tricky to get the hang of, because you have to do the processes in an odd order and then save it in unusual places and the strangest part is; in order to actually save an image, the browser must be viewed in 10% (it won't accept lower) so the whole page can be seen! Otherwise, the save button is hidden and it won't scroll down:















I had a few problems getting the layers to work, and the spider to fit on top of the montage, but finally it worked. I then saved it as a JPG file, and cropped it in Picasa. It still looks a little unproffessional because of the way I've put the montage together. But now I know how to put the cut-out layer on top of an image, I can learn to create better montages, then re-do it for the best result. Here's the outcome for now, before I add the usual OFC features:















No comments:

Post a Comment