Thursday 24 February 2011

Main Task OFC Problems (mostly) fixed

I've been working on editing out the excess image leftover from areas of the spider logo that would fit without leaving random black blobs. I used Picasa to put black quickshapes over the problem areas like this:
After filling in as many of the problem areas I could, I've added the conventions but in a different way. I didn't want to put it the usual way, as it wouldn't have looked good with the central spider; so instead, I centered everything around it, from the logo, headline, issue date and price all being in the centre. I also added the barcode at the bottom, but in the centre to keep it consistent. I think this would be a risky design, as it is not using typical conventions; however I will change bits that I want to improve, like the original image montage. Here is the OFC:




"Kerrang!" has previously released a Metallica special in which the logo was faded black, so it was hardly visible, but as it was a special, the fans that would buy it were attracted by the main text being "METALLICA" which is similar to what I have attempted here. I made the "MCR LIVE SPECIAL" be the most eye-catching headline, apposed to the shortened "RN" and "RockNote" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment