Monday 21 February 2011

The Stages Of: 2nd Main Article

I've uploaded the best of my new MCR photos to My Flickr Account and will be making more features with these soon. Before I do, I wanted to upload the stages of the 2nd main article so it can be seen how I did each bit.

Firstly, I edited the original photo I took of Mikey Way:
I was aiming for a mystical, atmospheric style, so I added the record type stamps I wanted to identify my magazine; and the headline, alongside swirly patterns to emphasise the effect I was attempting:
As I wanted this to be a main article page, I had to choose how to display the text. At first, I was going to simply type it as one big paragraph in the same style I'd done my 1st one. However, I changed my mind as I wanted to try out a more conventional style - I added columns, but took care to make them partially transparent so the swirly patterns could still be seen a little:
Then I added the body. I used the same text I'd written for the 1st article, as it is only in the testing stages. I added the byline and the "RN presents..." in the top right corner to make it more authentic. I liked the Note rating (star rating personalised to match "RockNote".
Here is the outcome:
I intend to keep making these, until I can easily spot a stand-out one to build on for my final magazine. Unfortunately I'm not going to any more MCR gigs for a while... :( Luckily I think have enough to try a few more styles. :) Next, I think I'm going to try a different OFC, with a montage of several images, then a main article including a page split in half for the 2 support bands, then the main feature for MCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment